Classified a 2nd growth in 1855. The vineyard of Pichon Baron (as they called to distinguish it from its neighbor Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande) is situated right next to Chateau Latour on one of the finest vineyards in Pauillac. In the seventeenth century, Jacques de Pichon Longueville Baron, began to construct the vineyard of Pichon-Longueville. The reputation of the wine was established a few years later. The present castle was built in 1851 by Raoul de Pichon-Longueville. The wines of Château Pichon Baron come from this historic property. Resulting in full-bodied wine, rich in tannins, which are characterized by their finesse and elegance. Their length in the mouth is exceptional and they have a significant aging potential.