Chateau La Tour Figeac was separated from Chateau La Tour du Pin Figeac in 1881 after having been split in two while Chateau Figeac 1879. Neighbor to the east of Chateau Cheval Blanc and Figeac south of Castle, Chateau La Tour Figeac has 14 hectares of vines on gravelly soil and sandy clay on the appellation Saint-Emilion Grand Cru. Château La Tour Figeac was bought in 1973 by Francois Rapin a family of German industrialists, the Rettenmaier. Maximilian Otto Rettenmaier arrived at Chateau La Tour Figeac in 1994 and led the field in 1997 biodynamic. Christine Derenoncourt is the technical director of the castle, her husband Stephen Derenoncourt acts as a consultant in the vineyard and winemaking.