The noble house of Knight Gassies is one of the oldest in Margaux, the winemaking history of the Chateau Rauzan-Gassies begins in the 18th century. This castle was founded by Pierre DESMEZURES OF RAUZAN, merchant, but also farmer at the noble house of Latour. This position allowed him to collect the manorial rights and acquire his own land. He purchased many parcels from neighboring farmers and within twenty yearsby the end of the late 17th century, he created two beautiful vineyards: Rauzan-Gassies and Pichon-Longueville, two future Grands Crus. The wines of Rauzan Gassies have always enjoyed a certain renown in England, thanks to Mr. Rauzan who sold his own crops on a boat he chartered into the Port of London. Mr Rauzan, subsequently Adviser of the Bordeaux Parliament, has left a trace of his time at Rauzan Gassies on the label of the property as wings protecting the grapes. During the classification of 1855 the wines of Rauzan Gassies were classified as 2nd growth. In 1946 Mr Paul Quie was sworn into the wine trade as a broker at Bercy (wine merchant center in Paris and its region), whose father was already in the profession. He bought the vineyard and built upon the work of his predecessors, such as Mr. Rhone-Peraire who in the 19th century was particularly positive for the reputation of the estate. In 1968, his son Jean Michel took over the management of the estate and is assisted since 1995 by Jean-Louis CAMP, and since 2001 by his children, Anne-Francoise and Jean-Philippe Quie.