The history of Castle Coutet merges with that of its illustrious owners. The area, very old, was acquired in 1788 by Gabriel Filhot, President of the Parliament of Bordeaux. In 1794, the latter died on the scaffold. The property reverted to his little son, the Marquis de Lur-Saluzzo, who had already Yquem, and Malle Filhot. As at the Chateau d'Yquem, the old vertical presses are still in service and must, after settling, is fermented in oak barrels. Premier Cru Classé 1855, Château Coutet produces nectar of exceptional longevity. Editor Marcel Baly since 1977, the wine has won rich liquid, while retaining its freshness and grace.